Standard Life Aberdeen plc is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.
Our strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organisation, with the current and future needs of our stake holders at the heart of all we do.
Operations are committed to delivering a truly global, scalable and efficient operating platform at the heart of establishing and maintaining equilibrium in the firm, powering the investment management process and global distribution. We will also play a core role in facilitating the product development process, fostering innovation and working with a range of trusted global third party providers to ensure world class service provision. We currently have a vacancy available based in Aberdeen for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant.
Working as part of the Open Ended Reporting team you will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the outsourced administration across ASI's Open Ended Funds. In addition, you will also:
- Have oversight of various Open Ended Funds
- Co-ordinate and review financial statements, the signing and distribution of financial reports (including multi language versions) including liaison with auditors, compliance, Trustees/ Depositaries, Boards, Legal, Management Company, Fund Managers and Regulators.
- Assist with technical accounting developments to ensure funds align with appropriate accounting standards.
- Coordinate fund yield (historic / underlying / distribution) calculations from TPA.
- Oversee derivatives accounting allocation and effective yield for open ended funds.
- Maintain the relationship with the Outsourced Administrators used by ASI and various Auditors used by the Funds.
- Review documentation associated with the Open Ended Funds, including Articles of Association, Prospectus, Simplified Prospectus and Schemes of Arrangements.
- Co-ordinate Investment Operations input to Open Ended Board papers as required.
- Supervise the review of fees provided by 3rd party Administrators.
- Co-ordinate Investment Operations input in to any re-organization involving the Open Ended Funds, including In-Specie, Amalgamations and Terminations.
- Assist with the production of departmental management Information (MI), Key Performance Indicators and departmental management packs and meetings.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Professional accountancy qualification (or be working towards a professional accountancy qualification)
- University degree, preferably in a numerical discipline
- Knowledge or prior experience of the fund management industry / financial services industry
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Good command of Excel desired
- Takes Initiative
- Communication skills
- Creates client value
- Communication skills
- Impact and influence
- Takes initiative
- Innovation & creativity
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary, performance based bonus, private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stake holders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about our values here.
Our Inclusive Culture
We are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means we’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. Standard Life Aberdeen supports a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.