Univ of Edinburgh – The Climate Change Risk in Finance Executive Education Course
Due to the demand from the financial services companies, the University of Edinburgh has launched a new short online executive education course on Climate Change Risk in Finance for financial services professionals. Climate-related financial risks are ever-increasingly prominent and the effective management of these risks is a front-and-centre consideration of investors and regulatory authorities. Understanding the topics of sustainability in financial institutions and markets and climate change impacts in finance is becoming vital for effective decision making by finance professionals. The University of Edinburgh is a world-leading academic centre exploring how climate is changing; the impact of these changes on the environment, society and economies; how academia and professionals are responding and how climate adaptation and mitigation strategies are evolving.
About the Climate Change Risk in Finance Executive Education Course 📣:
- Topic: the consequences of climate change on finance - how to navigate data, measure risk, gain accurate insights for financial decision making, and capture opportunities related to transitioning to net zero, and the emerging climate-focused fintech products. This course aims to give financial services and fintech professionals the knowledge and confidence to engage with the topics of sustainable finance and climate-related financial risks, to understand their implications, and to take advantage of the opportunities ahead.
- This course for You if you are a financial professional working in either asset management, investment or commercial bank, pension funds, insurance, fintech, or similar.
- Outcomes: Over the course of 10 weeks, you will:
- Explore theories and practice of sustainable finance and climate-related financial risks.
- Be introduced to climate change fundamentals and terminology.
- Understand how to translate the complex climate information compiled from observations and near- and long-term model predictions for financial decision-makers.
- Understand how to assess and quantify the direct risks arising from climate change on physical assets, businesses, portfolios and supply chains; and also near-term disruptive impacts associated with mitigation policies, changing preferences, and ongoing technological change.
- Understand the impact of climate change on different financial asset classes (equity markets, fixed-income markets, real estate).
- Build confidence in applying learnings for financial decision-making.
- Format: 10 –weeks long, online course, mix of self-paced materials - pre-recorded and live sessions. Delivered by academic experts & practitioners; facilitated discussions & additional resources
- Start date: 3rd of May 2021.
- Registration: https://climatechangeriskinfinance.eventbrite.co.uk/ The course fee of £1,500 includes all tuition, guest speaker engagements, and course materials.
- Group bookings: Group discounts are available for colleagues from the same organisation. If you would like to register several participants from one company, please get in touch: Ksenia.Siedlecka@ei.ed.ac.uk
- Further information: https://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/executive-education/climate-change-risk-in-finance