SIO Supports Women Returners
We were delighted to connect with Women Returners recently who explained their mission to support women to move back into high-calibre roles following career breaks. We share their frustration around the latent training, talent, skill and experience that is so often overlooked by employers.
Women Returners champion ‘returnships’ as a primary vehicle for achieving this change, as they provide a bridge back to meaningful work for skilled professionals. Their vision is that returner programmes will become standard practice within UK organisations.
Aberdeen Asset Management are working closely with Women Returners in their Aberdeen, Edinburgh and London locations to offer permanent opportunities to women professionals who are currently on a career break of greater than two years. Aberdeen has designed a support programme which will help returners to successfully transition back into work – this includes:
- Tailored coaching sessions from Women Returners during your first few months in the role
- Technical skills training (specific to your role)
- Soft skills training
- A mentor plus support from a buddy (who will be on hand to provide day-to-day advice around how to get things done!)
- Updates on business and regulatory changes in the financial services industry
- Networking opportunities to help you develop new relationships, and broaden your professional network.
They are happy to discuss flexible working. Full information can be found at here.
To learn more about Women Returners in Scotland please contact Hazel Little - email@example.com.